Saturday, December 1, 2007

Update for Rebuttal Committee

I was looking over the School Closure Matrix on the District Site when I realized that the School Summary Rankings or score do not match from one slide to the next. The Bar Graph showing the Summary Rankings by site has Gold Ridge listed at 3.53 while the next slide entitled Comparing School Summary Rankings has Gold Ridge listed at 3.62. La Fiesta has a higher number 3.93 on the slide that she used to make her recommendation (bar graph) and a lower number 3.87 on the comparison slide. Could this be evidence that the numbers were altered until they reached the rankings that they were looking for?

Jennifer Chesley

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, that could very well be a valid point, but I don't think the difference between numbers is great enough to make a huge difference.

In doing my own research, I have stumbled upon a questions that I cannot seem to get a clear answer for. If anyone know the answer please let me know.

Are any of our schools receiving Title 1 funding?

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous said...

Yes, some of our schools do recieve Title 1 funding. One of the slides on the School Closure Matrix shows which schools recieve Title 1 Funding.

Anonymous said...

There are 4 schools that get Title 1. John Reed, La Fiesta, Thomas Page and Waldo